KCIW interviewed candidates in the November 3, 2020 election. Each candidate was asked:
- What are your qualifications for this position?
- What have you done to prepare yourself to assume the duties of the position?
- Have you volunteered for or been elected to other organizations, and if so, what are they?
- What do you think is the most important aspect of being an elected official?
- Why should the voters trust you to represent all of them?
The following candidates consented to be interviewed:
- Brad Alcorn – Brookings City Council Position 1 (incumbent)
- Terry Hanscam – Curry County Treasurer
- Ed Schreiber – Brookings City Council Position 2
- Sue Gold – County Commissioner Position 2 (incumbent)
- Kat Stone – State Senate District 1
- Diana Cooper – Brookings City Council Position 2
- Elizabeth Neketin – Curry County Treasurer
- Emma DeRock – Curry County Clerk
Reporter: Lori Gallo Stoddard
The opinions expressed here are those of the individual participants. Curry Coast Community Radio takes no position on issues discussed in this program.
If you enjoy this program and want to hear more like it, consider supporting Curry Coast Community Radio. Here’s How.