Dr. Foust is an accomplished poet, author, Pulitzer Prize nominee, and teacher of Math, Drama, and Creative Writing at the Brookings-Harbor High School. We are proud to be joined by her students who will be conducting interviews and presenting poetry of their own creation as well as the poems of published authors.
Time codes for your convenience:
- 00:31 through 17:00 – Students Breanna App and Josie Vital interview Dr. Foust and learn some of the history of Monster Verse.
- 17:00 through 19:47 – Salmonberry Man, composed by Derek Dew.
- 19:47 through 20:30 – Dr. Foust reads I Last Saw My Mother By Gary Young.
- 20:30 through 22:23 – Dr. Foust reads Ghost House by Robert Frost.
- 22:23 through 24:11 – Student Megan McCurdy reads her poem I Take My Bed.
- 24:11 through 24:41 – Megan McCurdy reads My Name and the River.
- 24:41 through 26:54 – Megan McCurdy reads A Question to a Tourist Stopped by a Sinkhole.
- 26:54 through 29:13 – Josie Vital and Breanna App interview Megan McCurdy and discuss her poetry, Brookings-Harbor High School, and the topic of bullying.
Host: Dr. Michelle Mitchell-Foust; Producer: Dane Tippman; Sound Editor: Dane Tippman
Student participation in this school-approved learning and creativity project is by the express permission of the students and their parents or guardians, and is conducted with the guidance of Dr. Foust and the approval of Brookings-Harbor High School Principal Lisa Dion. Names and pictures included in this posting, and the names of students mentioned in the show itself, were provided to KCIW by the Brookings-Harbor School District with permission from the students and their parents or guardians in accordance with School Board Policy “JOB – Personally Identifiable Information” and the Brookings-Harbor High School form “Releasing Student Directory Information” signed by the parents or guardians. In accordance with the “Releasing Student Directory Information” form, a letter of prior notification was sent to the home of record for the student at least 15 days prior to the release of this information, or a phone call was made in lieu of letter in certain situations.
Music is provided for this program by Derek Thomas Dew who is known as Touchless Remover. Beginning and end music is selected from Black Rookery, and our intermission music is Salmonberry Man. The Soundcloud for Touchless Remover is https://soundcloud.com/touchlessremover.
If you enjoy this program and want to hear more like it, consider supporting Curry Coast Community Radio. Here’s How.